Monday, October 3, 2011

Fixed my laptop today!

So about a month ago, I pushed in the power jack for my laptop.  I have a brother who is a computer geek, I figure, ask him to fix it, right?  Wrong.  He says, "it isn't worth it, it's a pain to fix, just buy a new laptop."  Now, I really, really like my laptop.  I have kept it away from the kids and it has remained free of virus' and it runs great.  And, with 5 kids, well, I can't just go out and buy a new laptop.  So, I searched online and found this great tutorial on how to fix it.  I borrowed my mechanic friends soldering gun for the day, (one of the few tools I have yet to acquire!) And went to town.  It only took me like an hour and a half and that included the call to my Dad to talk about how to solder exactly.... And, the best part is, it only cost me like 4 bucks for the replacement part!      All while being home sick with the stomach flu.  

No comments:

Post a Comment